Mostly Filler, Installment 37
3:3 Faith, Hope and Trick
hmmm a new boyfriend perchance
oh right, Angel's back
It's not the funniest of all funny Buffy moments, but it is awfully cute. Willow is just fun.
Favorite Character: Buffy
Yes, I'm still caring about the slayer herself. Don't worry, it won't last. She's just so vulnerable, trying to get her life back together, and nothing is easy. Everyone is coupled, she doesn't know what to do about dating, things with mom and Giles are still not quite right because of the whole disappearing for a summer deal, and another slayer shows up to remind her of hers and Kendra's deaths.
Best Dressed: Faith
Great outfit for the Faith debut. Sort of urban and tough.
Worst Dressed: Buffy
I don't really feel this needs an explanation. Also - the hair.
- Why does Faith, from Boston, have a Minnesota accent?
- There's some sort of rainbow something in the cupboard behind Joyce when she says the phrase "slayer pride parade."
- Why is Giles always so out of the watcher loop? I just don't get it. I would think they'd keep very close tabs on him. How come he never knows about big stuff like the fact that there's another slayer?!
- The dream sequence is, as always, really fabulous.
- I kind of like Scott Hope, but he doesn't stand a chance, does he?
- It's interesting how Trick never really became a beloved character like Spike. They started off the same - bad guy vampire coming to Sunnydale to cause trouble.
Faith, Hope and Trick Icons (shareable, a capturing of the weird facial expressions in this episode)
Faith, Hope and Trick Drabble
Her watcher had mentioned the other slayer, the first slayer. That was as good a place as any to check out. Faith didn’t consider herself intuitive or spiritual, but the closer she got to the hellmouth (whatever that was) the more she felt… something. Something not good. But no matter. Whatever it was giving her the willies, she’d kick its ass and move on.
Her watcher was gone, that was that, and she wasn’t going to cry about it. Keep moving, start over, do what you need to do. She had a plan. Sunnydale. This was going to be fun.
Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!
Credits: screencaps found at screencap-paradise.