OK, granted, this is a dream outfit (not dream as in most coveted, but dream as in she was having a nightmare), but still - ugh! Here's the scenario I'm imagining: someone in the wardrobe department just couldn't let go of this hideousness, and everyone else finally gave in and said, fine, we'll put it in the dream sequence.
- The opening scene with Buffy and Joyce is so well done, some of SMG's best, I think.
- I do appreciate and relate to the you can't come home theme that really carries throughout this whole season. You can come home, but things will not be the same ever again, even if they look the same on the surface. Maybe you don't regret leaving or returning, but that doesn't change the fact.
- Principal Snyder, as usual, is brilliant and hilarious, and really kind of creepy.
- Home schooling, it's not just for scary religious people anymore.
- Buffy's hair is fabulous. Just sayin.'
- Oz's whole party genre speech is one of the best scenes ever.
- I'm so glad Willow called Buffy on her total egocentrism. Hello, it's not always about you. Interestingly, she never really does learn that lesson.
- I love tough guy Giles, he's wonderful.
- Possibly the most cheesetastic transition ever: You can't just bury stuff, Buffy. It'll come right back up to get you. LOL
Dead Man's party icons (shareable, exercise in playing with one Giles screencap)
Dead Man's Party drabble
Cordy and Devon chat the next day
What. Was. That?
Well, Devon, there’s some stuff you should know. See, Sunnydale isn’t your regular town. I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but, well whatever. We’re on a hellmouth, yep our very own cornucopia of demony badness. Buffy’s a vampire slayer. She kills stuff all the time and has this whole secret identity deal, which, between you and me, tends to keep her ego inflated and her hair a little flat. But you know, we can’t all be…
Yeah, Cordy, I get it. Vampires and stuff. But what was with you and Harris last night? Man, get a room.
Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!
Credits: screencaps found at screencap-paradise.