angel, true love, meh
the beginning of spuffy
and willow's witching
Favorite Character: Spike
He's my favorite in this one, because I love the contrast between the depth of personality seeping through and his total comical evilness. But it was hard to choose - I'm also totally in love with Buffy, Joyce, Giles and Dru in this episode.
- Where did all the cops come from? Who called them?
- This episode's great strength is the trademark Buffy drama/comedy mix. It's this serious season finale with the heroine's true love being killed off, and then there are lines like, "...walking around like happy meals with legs," "Have we met?" "You hit me with an axe once..." and, my personal favorite, "I'm a slayer, not a postal worker!"
- I'm not always a fan of Buffy's monologues (Spike's are better) but her speech to her mom about being the slayer is fabulous. "Do you think I chose this?" How many of us have been through just such a painful conversation?
- I love how strong of a character Giles is. When he tells Angelus to perform the ritual in a tutu, I stand up and cheer (er, sorry if I woke you).
- Is Cordelia's admission that running away was "not too brave" the beginning of her growing up? Maybe the scoobies are rubbing off a little.
- I'm still confused at this point about how much Snyder actually knows. What does he mean when he wants the mayor to know he has good news? Could someone explain that to me?
- Full of Grace as the music choice at the end really puts the frosting on this brilliant cake.
Becoming, Part 2 icons and banner (shareable)
Becoming, Part 2 Drabble
As she read the letter, the sadness quickly turned to anger. Not at Buffy, at herself. What kind of mother tells her daughter not to come back? What the hell kind of parenting was that? When did this get so hard? How could she not have known something was wrong, everything was wrong? How was it possible to be so stupid? She sat on the bed, tears rolling, questions filling her head so quickly she could hardly think.
Buffy. Buffy was a capable girl. She’d be OK. She was just angry. She’d be back.
Buffy. Tomorrow. Joyce closed her eyes.
Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!
Credits: Screencaps found at screencap-paradise.