angelus is back
when did rupert get so hip
but she couldn't kill him
Willow, in answer to Oz's query about whether stealing from a military base was a regular activities for the Scoobies, says,"We don't have cable, so we have to make our own fun." Heehee.
Favorite Character: Willow
She is perfect in this episode. Just perfect. Her monologues are brilliant, especially the I knew it speech. Her scene with Oz is priceless. AH is so amazingly talented.
Best Dressed: Jenny
I like this look - kind of plain, but very classy.
Worst Dressed: Buffy
This is one of the worst outfits on earth. Hideous pants. Really odd top/jacket. One or the other is bad, both together is a disaster.
Musings, in no particular order:
- Angel losing his soul is very, very cool. This is a brilliant bit of storytelling and I love it. Later in the Buffyverse, when souls in and out becomes an everyday occurrence, then it's not as cool. But the first time is wow.
- I can't help thinking about how young Buffy is when this all happens. It really creeps me out.
- DB's acting is much better as Angelus than Angel, I think.
- It is not justice we serve. It is vengeance. I find this concept really fascinating, especially since generally in life you hear it the other way around - people claiming justice when the actuality is revenge. So good for the gypsies for being honest about it.
- Buffy's dream sequence is cool. I've said it before and I'll say it again - this show has the best dreams ever.
- I love that Giles stands up for Buffy instead of Jenny, even though I am a huge fan of Giles/Jenny. It's very reassuring to me to know where his loyalties are. And then when he gives his whole speech at the end about how he is not disappointed in her, don't you just melt? I want a Giles.
- Angel and Dru leaping simultaneously makes me giggle - reminds of synchronized swimming or something.
- I'm so glad it was Joyce in the last scene with Buffy.
- Oz is so superfabulous. I love the way he is just fitting right into the gang. Oz is one of those people who could fit in anywhere with any gang. I wish I could be that cool.
- I admit it - this episode makes me cry. Even after all my vehement not caring about Buffy/Angel for the past 12 episodes... Poor Buffy, she's just so sad.
- She can't kill him. And you know watching that this can only lead to badness. Way creepy.
Innocence Icons (all Drusilla, all the time - shareable)
Sad. Deep down sad. No one could understand, not Buffy, and not now for sure. Every day she had to look at him and love him. Every day for all these years. Sure, the Oz potential was exciting. But even Oz couldn’t really compare. How could he?
Confused. Why her? And why was Willow so angry?
Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!