- I love the whole opening scene with Willow, Xander, Oz and Cordy. It sets up the next few episodes well, too, with them being a foursome.
- The way Buffy wakes up from the dream about Angel and the beach is so poignant. She's not jerked awake like she is from the demon or prophecy dreams. She opens her eyes looking resigned to it, like she's used to this, like it happens every morning. So sad.
- It's funny that Xander is so preoccupied that it doesn't even occur to him that Oz shouldn't be in school.
- Lily is such a sad character. I love her because of knowing what she becomes later.
- Buffy has fabulous hair! But how, I ask you, can she afford to get her hair done?
- The scene with Joyce and Giles breaks my heart. I wish the two of them had had more interaction throughout the series. Yeah, OK, Band Candy, but I wish they'd been friends.
- I like the character growth shown in Buffy herself. It's like having to kill Angel gave her a new sense of priorities and a certain recklessness/confidence she didn't have before. What are you doing? I'm breaking into your office and going through your private files.
- Xander and Cordy are just so adorable. Go act baity.
- What the heck are the workers in the evil demon's factory thingy doing??
- Visit Buffy Between Lines podcast to listen to some wonderful writers' and actors' rendition of what happened between seasons 2 and 3. This podcast is completely made of awesome.
Anne wallpaper (shareable)
Hello, I, er, is this Mrs. Summers?
Speaking. Can I help you?
I, well, this is Giles, Rupert Giles, the, uh, librarian from Buffy’s school.
Buffy! Have you heard from her!
No, I, I’m sorry, I’m afraid I haven’t. But I’m searching, contacting anyone who might be able to help. I have a few leads. And Buffy is an extremely capable young woman. I’m sure she’s fine.
Mr., um, Giles, is it? Why are you calling me? What do you know about my daughter’s disappearance?
Mrs. Summers, I have some things to tell you. About Buffy. About Buffy’s destiny.
Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!
Credits: screencaps found at screencap-paradise.