Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What can I say? I flunked the written.

Mostly Filler, Installment 12

1:12 Prophecy Girl







-----------------



friends' love triangle

not quite overshadowed by

Buffy's first death scene



-----------------


Funniest Moment:






What do you think? 5.1? That right there is the beauty of this show's humor - always juxtaposing the large and dramatic with the mundane and everyday.



-------------------



Favorite Character: Xander



I told you to eat before we left...



On a scale of one to ten, it sucked.



This guy has really taken a beating all season, what with the hyena possession and dating the big insect. Admittedly, his short-end-of-the-stick days tend to be his own fault. But still, I applaud him for going to get help from the non-person he likes least on earth and doing what's gotta be done.



------------------


Best Dressed: Xander




I know, I know, Buffy has the dress, I mean THE dress. And it is gorgeous, I'm not arguing that. But I just have to give props to Xander for finally wearing some solids. Neutral colors, flowy fabrics. Nice.


Worst Dressed: Jenny





Jenny, Jenny, you're usually so very chic. I cannot deal with this shirt. I simply cannot.



------------------------


Musings, in no particular order:


  • I have a little bit of sympathy for poor Xander in love with Buffy, and getting flatly rejected. But I have to say, it's Willow who has my heart breaking over and over and constantly. I just have this "Xander, what the hell is wrong with you?!" reaction pretty much every episode throughout this season. She's so worth seeing - are you blind?? And I say GO GIRL to Willow for turning down the invitation to the dance. Way to stand up for yourself. Still, LOL at Xander's ...country music, the music of pain.



  • Much Jenny love. I wish there had been more of her. The end is pretty seriously nigh.



  • Joyce hasn't really become much more than incidental yet. Still, she has nice hair.



  • Willow's astute "and they had fun" disturbs me deeply every I time I watch it. It's the recognition that badness comes in varieties, and that the ones who take pleasure in it are the worst of the worst. Creepy.


  • You're in love with her. Aren't you? Yeah, yeah. I really have no interest in the Xander/Angel pissing contest. Whatever.


  • The master was pretty fabulous in this episode, in my opinion. Oh good, the feeble banter portion of the fight. He was really believable. And I always wish I could erase the memory of seeing this episode and start fresh, because the whole Buffy dying deal was really scary the first time.


  • Angel panting heavily while claiming to have no breath is just comical and sort of takes away from the drama of that scene - and not in a good way.


  • Cordelia driving literally into the library is priceless. That's our Cordy.


  • Why didn't the master's bones turn to dust? Because he's so old? I know, because they need the bones next season. Yep.

-------------------



Prophecy Girl Icons and Wallpapers (shareable for anyone who wants them)






(click wallpaper pics for larger images)



(lyrics are from Ferron's Testimony)
-------------------


Prophecy Girl Drabble


I quit. She’d said it out loud, but she knew, even at that moment, that she didn’t mean it. It wasn’t a Cordelia-esque ploy for attention. It wasn’t a test to see if Angel or Giles would step up and take her place. It wasn’t a dramatic manipulation so she could appear all the more heroic when she stepped back in to do her duty. It wasn’t even a moment of weakness.

It was simply a moment of pain, a moment of allowing the teenaged girl to be in charge, a moment of preparation to be strong. Just a moment.


---------------------


Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!


Credits: Screencaps found at screencap-paradise and textures from Julianne.

No comments: