Mostly Filler, Installment 15
2:3 School Hard
bye bye anointed
hello blondie bear and dru
home sweet bloody home
...and could you please send some aspirin...
Favorite Character: Spike
Well, duh. Spike to me is like one of those things you didn't know you were missing until it shows up, and then it turns out you can't live without it. This is our first foray into the world of soulless beast in a relationship, which makes said soulless beast all the creepier. Plus, he's such a screw-up, and that is just fun. He shows up all macho and take-charge-y, and then proceeds to begin his long streak of mucking things up.
Best Dressed: Spike
I love that red shirt, and I just want to touch it. It's got the whole monochrome stripey thing going on. I love that.
Worst Dressed: Buffy
There are no words. Plus, this screenshot doesn't even show the shoes. Eegads.
Musings, in no particular order
- As I may have mentioned earlier, the arrival of Spike (and Drusilla) is an occasion of celebration which fills me with glee and anticipation.
- Sheila. I would have liked to keep her around, either vamped or not. She could have been a fun character, maybe even a potential at some point.
- Why does Spike say Home sweet home? Is it just the hellmouth vibe, or was he in Sunnydale previously?
- Joyce, while I do love her character, is awfully pedantic and un-hip in this episode. I guess she's struggling with her denial issues and second year in a new town without any friends issues and mother-of-a-teenager issues. Nonetheless, she should be cooler, and instead she's all lecture-y and drab.
- A few moments of laughter: Xander's dancing, Buffy's je stink, Cordy's even slaves get minimum wage. And of course the Xander searching through purse for stake moment is pretty amusing.
- I love the Nickel song Stupid Thing playing at the Bronze. Not so much the lame words, but the overall sound and feel.
- The first words Spike speaks to Buffy: Nice work, love.
- Jenny and Giles are starting to make an absolutely adorable couple.
- Xander's comments that make him seem like a petty idiot start to really grate in this episode. Gah. Also, the Xander Angel rivalry is getting really old and kinda stupid.
- I want that olive green dress that Willow wears to parent night.
- I would have loved for Principal Snyder's character to get a little more depth like some of the other characters. I do like that we get the hint that just maybe he knows what's going on in Sunnydale.
- What I think is the worst inconsistency issue in the whole series happens in this episode. Spike saying you were my sire to Angel. And they never really fix it or smooth over it when later it turns out that Drusilla was Spike's sire. Bugs me.
School Hard Wallpapers (shareable)
Giles hearts Jenny
School Hard DrabbleSheila
Her mom’s boyfriend was always telling her she’d go to hell for the way she acted. Little did he know. This wasn’t hell. This was power. She grinned and ran her fingers over her new fangs. This was the life. Now everything was going to change. No more teachers looking at her with that mixture of disappointment and fear. No more sit-ins with that little rodent they called the principal. No more cops at the door at odd hours of the night. She’d just help Spike out with this one thing, and then she was out of here. Maybe LA…