Sunday, November 18, 2007

No one likes a non-budger

Mostly Filler, Installment 16
2:4 Inca Mummy Girl
-----------------
Oz says who's that girl
why wouldn't he know Willow
the school ain't that big
----------------
Funniest Moment:
...she doesn't have to talk...
Funny in a that's-so-a-high-school-boy sort of way. I must say, I'm glad this kid didn't become a regular.
------------------
Favorite Character: Willow
To me, this whole episode is about Willow. My heart gets broken for the umpteenth time when she says "well, I didn't choose yet." Sigh. And then again when she tells Xander to go to the dance with Amapata. And then again when her costume is so flippin' adorable, but of course, as usual, she is uber-uncool. Sigh.
----------------
Best Dressed: Ampata
I just love this t-shirt and jeans. It's just simple and cute. I don't, however, understand where she got them. If this was their attempt at putting her in the boy clothes from her suitcase, it doesn't really work. That boy (before he got the life sucked out of him by ye olde mummy princesse would definitely not have fit into these petite, pegged jeans, sorry. Nonetheless, this outfit is adorable. Or perhaps any outfit would be adorable with that hair.
Worst Dressed: Willow
Overalls, bad shirt, bad hair. All around ugh.
----------------
Musings, in no particular order:
  • Ah yes, now I remember where I got the phrase "the uber-suck." I use it frequently, often to refer to Fox, the scary white house regime, and/or polymer clay fiascos.
  • Much of this episode makes very little sense and is, to say the least, contrived. However, one thing that does make sense is that fact that Buffy gets an exchange student, but Willow and Xander don't, considering that Willow's parents are too busy living in high-falutin' acadamia to pay attention to her, and Xander's parents are also occupied being drunks and such.
  • For some reason, the mummy eyes popping open make me giggle.
  • I'm so stuffy, give me a scone.
  • What's with Buffy and the belt skirts this episode? How many 3-inch long skirts does a girl need?
  • Holy racism in this episode, batman. Maybe she could translate the seal? Please. And don't get me started on Cordelia. They don't even speak American. Makes me think wouldn't it be nice if all bigotry were this blatant? It's the subtle stuff that's hard to deal with.
  • Is this the first time we see Dingoes? I want a rock band. I am a somewhat serious musician, I have two wonderful singing groups which I love and cherish. I teach lessons and write music. And yet, I want a rock band. Is there anyone on earth who doesn't want a rock band? Gentle viewer, do you want a rock band?
  • Enter Jonathan. He's fun. I love the way he just pops up for a few seconds at random in episodes.

-----------------

Inca Mummy Girl Wallpaper (shareable)

-------------
Inca Mummy Girl Drabble
She’s not the kind of girl who I think about her lips that much.

It’s not like he hasn’t said it before, a hundred ways. So why does she let it get her every time? Why hasn’t she found a way to protect herself yet? She should know he’s got bad taste. So if he fell for her all of a sudden, what would that say about her? Bad news.

Love? Crush? Obsession? It doesn’t matter which, the result is the same. She knew she’d have to let it go eventually. But not quite yet. Longing was better than not.
---------------
Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!
Credits: Screencaps found at screencap-paradise.

No comments: