Thursday, December 6, 2007

Guys! Buffy! Snake, basement, now!

Mostly Filler, Installment 17
2:5 Reptile Boy

------------

watcher and slayer

push and pull collateral

slayer and watcher

------------

Funniest Moment:

She's sad because her lover gave her twelve gold coins, but then the wizard cut open the bag of salt, and now the dancing minions have nowhere to put their big maypole... fish thing.

--------------

Favorite Character: Willow

I totally relate to her "but I can't lie to a teacher" "but I can't betray my friend" dilemma. It's just so Willow, and so typical of those of us who were meek rule-followers at that age. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...) Her little speech ending with I don't feel better now, and we've got to help Buffy! is one of the best Buffyverse monologues ever. And I think hers is by far the best acting in this episode.

--------------

Best Dressed: Buffy

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The little black dress can do no wrong. And I'm a total sucker for curls.

Worst Dressed: also Buffy

There are no words.

-------------

  • Evil people are so much creepier than evil demons.
  • Angel. What is with this character right now? The whole this isn't some fairy tale scene seems wrong to me - way melodramatic and overdone, and mostly out of character. Angel feels very inconsistent to me so far in the series. He gets better later.
  • Cordelia. It's like we're sisters. With really different hair. That's her best line. It goes down hill from there. This was not Charisma's best acting ever.
  • Jonathan
  • What's with the time line? Did the frat boys go to jail the very next day? Hmmm.
  • So apparently we're supposed to be moving along the Buffy/Angel relationship, but to me the only really worthwhile part of this episode is the very end where Buffy and Giles start to see each other as people, peers even, and not just slayer and watcher. That's what this episode is about. The frat boys, reptile demon and Angel are just fairly lame distractions.
  • Wow, it kind of sounds like I didn't like this episode. It wasn't the best ever. I still like it better than I like most things.
----------------
Reptile Boy Icons (shareable)
-------------
Reptile Boy Drabble
It all started with Callie

I know, can you believe it? Harvard! I mean I never thought I’d get in.

She should have kept walking with her friends.

Hi, I’m Richard, which one of you is Callie? Bobby sent me to pick you up. He had to stay late at school, so I told him I’d drop you off at home.

She shouldn’t have gotten into the car.

Oh, don’t worry, we have a quick errand to run, that’s all. Only take a minute.

She should have run away.

See you tomorrow night, Callie.

And now she was tied up in a basement. Scared. Alone.
----------------
Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!
Credits: Screencaps found at screencap-paradise. Photoshop brushes/masks from creamuts and ivy-poison.

No comments: