Monday, May 5, 2008

I didn't know I was gonna fall in love with you.

Mostly Filler, Installment 29
2:17 Passion


---------------

main character killed
wow that's a nervy plot twist
I still miss Jenny

---------------

Funniest Moment

There really isn't any funny in this episode. Usually the humor/trauma balance is good, but I think the whole Cordelia and her car deal failed miserably. It just wasn't funny, mostly because it didn't make any sense. You don't live in your car (well, Cordy doesn't, anyway), therefore vampires don't need to be invited or de-invited.
So not laugh-out-loud funny, but still whoppin' adorable - this scene where poor Willow's hours of lesson planning are for naught. She is just so darling.
---------------
Favorite Character: Giles
Giles is wonderful in this episode, but he's only my favorite by a very small margin. I adore the whole cast, especially Willow, Buffy, Jenny and Joyce.
---------------
Best Dressed: Buffy
This is just so flattering on her. I'm normally one to hate white pants, but this works. I love the simplicity and the flowiness.
Worst Dressed: Xander
Neon bad. Neon with plaid very bad.
---------------
Musings
  • Why didn't it occur to anyone before this point that Angel could come into their houses any time?
  • I love this episode quite a lot. There's only one thing about it that bothers me. Xander is just so glib at the start, and it doesn't seem right. He loves Buffy and hates Angel, so the quipping seems out of place to me.
  • I didn't know I was gonna fall in love with you. And my heart is officially broken. That whole Giles/Jenny conversation is really lovely and well-done.
  • They really succeeded with the creepy factor. Angelus lurking and spying everywhere, the dead fish shot from the other side of the aquarium, Joyce and Angelus - I found that scene terrifying.
  • The scariest for me was the chase scene with Angelus and Jenny. All through it, you don't think she could possibly die. She's on her way to being Giles' girlfriend. She's beautiful. She's recurring. They won't kill her. Wow. I'm not one of those people who gets mad at Joss for killing off a character, because, well, that's ridiculous. It was a brilliant move for the show. But I loved her more than a person should love a fictional character. RIP Jenny.
  • I always love when Jonathan shows up. He's so adorable.
  • I love Giles' apartment.

---------------

Passion Icons and Wallpaper (shareable)



---------------

Passion Drabble

Buffy looked up at her watcher, at the bruise just starting to darken. She touched his cheek lightly, and the weight of her guilt choked her words. She hadn’t meant to hit him. God, he’d already had the worst day of his life. And it was her fault. Angel was evil. No, Angelus was evil. And she was weak. She should have stopped this. But she hadn’t, and now the people she loved were suffering.

Giles looked back down at her. The pain was unbearable, but he didn’t blame Buffy. He was just grateful to have her by his side.

---------------

Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!

Credits: caps from screencap-paradise, photoshop brushes from creamuts

No comments: