Friday, January 18, 2008

Color me stunned

Mostly Filler, Installlment 21
2:9 What's My Line, Part 1
---------------
this episode is
a one-liner-palooza
and Giles wears clown tie
---------------
Funniest Moment:
Giles, dear clueless man, says, "Have you considered law enforcement?" And the look on Buffy's face is beyond priceless. Perhaps I confuse funny with sad.
---------------
Favorite Character: Buffy
Weren't expecting that, were ya? She is a high school girl in this episode. She's annoying as all get-out with the whining and the woe-is-me and the talking back. She has that overwhelming feeling that we all had at times back then (sometimes still do?) - why oh why did I get this life? And how? And it sucks to be me. And I'm going to fuss about it, reason be damned.
---------------
Best Dressed: Cordelia
Honestly, I don't think anyone was especially well-dressed in this episode (see haiku above), but I will admit that this is awfully prep-school cute and somehow appropriate for Cordelia on a Saturday.
Worst Dressed: Willow
She may be the best actor on the show a large percentage of the time, but dang, they dress her funny.
---------------
Musings, in no particular order:
  • This episode is pretty much just a bunch of one-liners strung together. I happen to kind of enjoy that. Can you identify the characters for the quotes? I'll give you a cookie if you can.

...an airborne toxic event.

It's all mootville for me.

...as in polyester, doughnuts, and brutality.

...jump off that bridge when I come to it.

No, it's a statistical impossibility for a 16-year-old girl to unplug her phone.

Note to self: religion freaky.

The hellmouth presents Dead Guys on Ice!

So you're saying the vampires went to all that trouble for your basic decoder ring?

There's a guy big with the sinning.

  • Where the heck was Angel while Buffy was skating and then being attacked? In the men's room?
  • How on earth did Angel manage to decorate his apartment with all furniture and art and whatnot?
  • What's wrong with Dru anyway? Do we ever find out? Was I just not paying attention?
  • You kinda gotta feel bad for the vampire lackey. He really does get the short end of the stick.
  • About Kendra - very cool idea, and I like her. But. She's kind of the Fez of Buffyland. This show is really not big on being culturally respectful. I find that disturbing sometimes.
  • I love Principal Snyder.

---------------

What's My Line, part 1 Icons (shareable)



---------------

What's My Line, part 1 Drabble

Oz ponders
As days go, this one has been weird. That girl Buffy, she’s high strung, more so than most. I think I could like her. Although it’s the other one, Willow, the redhead. She’s something different. Special. Seeing more of her would be prudent, I think. The guys. Wasn’t sure what to make of them. The suits and big plans. I don’t really think I’m a big plans kind of guy. Not right now anyway. Career? I guess I just don’t see the point of it all. Not yet. No. Everything in its time. Tomorrow I’ll talk to her I think.

---------------

Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!

Credit: Screencaps found at screencap paradise.

No comments: