Wednesday, February 13, 2008

...something a little too clean about this clown

Mostly Filler, Installment 23
2:11 Ted
---------------
three's not company
when our unsuspecting joyce
falls for a robot
---------------
Funniest Moment
The rug doesn't go with the rest of the decor?? Are you serious? Total copout writing, like the original scene was too long and somehow, just somehow, they had to figure it out! Cracks me up every time. Adds charm.
---------------
Favorite Character: Ted
Not in a cuddly way, obviously, but John Ritter is just so fabulous, especially near the end when he's broken. Creepy with a capital EEP.
---------------
Best Dressed: Joyce
This dress is to die for. Feels sort of Asian-inspired, I love the colors, and she looks fantastic in it while still staying in mom character.
Worst Dressed: Buffy
Sorry for the fuzzy, but this was the only shot I could find that shows the entire ensemble. It's not so much that it's a bad outfit (well, I think it is, but I could see another point of view), but it's rather inappropriate for miniature golf. Who wears those big, clonkin' shoes to play outside?
---------------
Musings, in no particular order:
  • I want to punch Xander when he agrees to go to mini-golf. I hate that, when you're trying so hard to get your friend to understand your message and lay off already, but no, they just keep blindly on, completely messing up your plan and making you look like an idiot. Not that that ever happens to me...
  • Jenny is just so pretty in this episode. Pretty and sad.
  • Willow, Xander and Cordy working together is awfully adorable.
  • The moment Ted comes back from the supposed dead is one of the top 5 creepiest moments in the entire series for me.
  • Jenny shooting Giles is sort of an icon for their entire relationship, nothing but a comedy of errors. It's just not fair. It's just not right.
  • The cop interrogating Buffy is amusing with his questions that don't go in logical order or make any sense. This show definitely has an anti-police bent, and forgive me, but this example of that makes me laugh. I can't help it.
  • I was pro-Buffy point of view from the start of this thing. I don't care if Ted is a robot, a demon or philanthropist of the year. I still hate him, and I don't blame poor Buffy one bit for being suspicious. Mom, what were you thinking?! And then I just love the "HA!" when it turns out the slayer's instincts were right all along. Well, duh.

---------------

Ted wallpaper and icons (shareable)




---------------
Ted Drabble
Cordelia ponders
OK, pros and cons. Pro…
Well, I’ll start with cons. Con, he’s a total spazbunny and everyone knows it. Con, I certainly couldn’t tell the girls or take him to prom. Con, he hangs out with those uber losers. So what if I helped them out today, it’s not like I had something better to do. Con, the clothes. ‘Nuff said.

But pro, he smells good. And he’s not all fake like, well, everyone else I’ve dated so far in my high school career. I know, I know, you wouldn’t think he would be a good kisser.

But he is.
---------------
Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!
Credits: Screencaps found at screencap-paradise. Photoshop brushes from Illegitima. Fanart lyrics from Dar Williams' song Mercy of the Fallen.

No comments: