Saturday, June 23, 2007

We don't have a barbecue fork...

Mostly Filler, Installment #7

1:7 Angel







-------------------------------

evil fiend perhaps

he's not what he seems to be

looks young for his age

-------------------------------




Funniest Moment:




Joyce: I-I know she's having trouble with history. I-is it too difficult for her or is she not applying herself? Giles: She lives very much in the 'now', um, and, uh, history, of course, is, is very much about the, uh... the 'then'.

----------------------------------


Favorite Character: Buffy

She's growing up so fast. She's getting used to a new father figure. She takes care of her mom. She deals with unexpected scariness with a bit of maturity. Yet she still quips.

"What, they were all out of boils and blinding torment?"

"Bad hair on top of that outfit?"

--------------------------------


Best Dressed: Darla


Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I can't be a snappy dresser.




Worst Dressed: Joyce


So nice that Maria made you this dress out of a tablecloth.

-------------------------



Musings, in no particular order

(Turns out it's more questions than musings this time around.)



  • As I watched the beginning, I said to myself, what the hey is the annoying one doing there? Is he feeding the fish? No, there probably aren't a lot of fish in the sewers. Ooooooh, I see, he's skipping stones. Right then. Child actors give me the willies a bit. I never really enjoy films with a lot of intense child acting. I get too distracted by thinking about the kids and how the acting in scene whatever would affect them, and I worry that acting so young will scar them for life.


  • The spark between Xander and Cordy really starts in the this episode (on the dance floor). I love those two together.


  • When Buffy and Angel rush in and slam the door, how come the vampire's hand can cross the threshold?


  • Does Angel's tattoo have some meaning? When did he get it?


  • When Angel muses that it's been a long time since anyone's been in a position to let him know if he snores, was he thinking about Darla?


  • Giles is as cute as any living thing can be in all that protective gear.


  • Why does Angel go all grrrr when they kiss? This is an important moment in the entire world of Buffy, and I don't get it. Is it just the intensity of the moment or what?


  • Why don't Darla and Master refer to him as Angelus?


  • Why the Bronze for the big confrontation? Again, I don't get it.


  • I hate guns. Really a lot.


  • The love song at the end, I know now, since I looked it up, is I'll Remember You by Sophie Zelmani. Who knew? I'm completely pop culture challenged, so I never know these things. There are some sound clips of her other stuff here at her website. Pretty cool.

-----------------------------


Angel Icons (shareable for anyone who wants them) - I was feeling a big monochromatic.



------------------------------

Angel Drabble

Darla Goes Shopping


She always had loved pretty things, and for the past 200 years or so, she had denied herself nothing. The dresses had been so decadent in Paris. Oh, and the 20’s! Darla had eaten flapper after flapper until she found just the right one. It was red, with to-die-for fringe at the hem – the dress, that is, not its unfortunate wearer.


It wouldn’t do to draw attention in this town, though. Well, not yet. So she snatched a school girl walking home from school. Dead before she could even scream. She couldn’t wait for Angelus to see her perfect outfit.

----------------------------------


Thanks for reading. Visit Mostly Filler again soon!

Credits: Pictures and icons made from caps found at screencap-paradise.com. Photoshop brushes from mutsie.

No comments: